Diverting Literary Conversation for All
Now, there's a new way for readers to discuss their passions, with the release of a new game, The Art of Conversation: Literary Edition.
- Following the success of their original games, creators Louise Howland and Keith Lamb have adapted the concept to offer new angles and avenues to think, and talk, about books.
- TAOC® comes with 300 starter questions plus a 32-page guidebook that includes informative and comprehensive endnotes.
- Carefully developed and researched by the creators, with the assistance of well-respected literature teacher Leila Bryant, there’s plenty of scope to come up with your own questions. Like all TAOC editions, it’s not a quiz – it’s not about who knows the most. It’s a communication tool that draws on your own experiences, thoughts and reactions to facilitate fascinating discussions.
- Even reluctant readers will be drawn in! Readers of all stages and ages will find themselves being educated, all in the name of fun.
- Ideal for book clubs, but can also be adapted to friends, family, workmates, students or even solitary readers.
- Covers all genres – fiction, poetry, drama, biography, autobiography, science fiction, fantasy, crime, romance, historical writing - essentially, the whole bookshop!
Perfect for many occasions, the informative 16 page communication booklet provides guidelines and many variations on TAOC®, including a solo version.
The 104 cards provide 200 conversation topics, carefully created and tested to promote and stimulate communication, plus 4 blank cards for children to personalise.
TAOC® is fun for everyone and is also a highly effective therapeutic and educational resource for families, therapists, counselors, teachers, speech pathologists, language teachers, coaches, church leaders and more.